As with any surgery, after rhinoplasty there are scars.
- Usually, rhinoplasty scars are located inside the nose and are not a problem.
- Sometimes, the technique of the intervention leads to leave scars in the mouth, under the tip of the nose (columella), and / or around the nostril wings at the junction with the cheeks.
- If bone or cartilage grafts are removed, there are other scars, which are located behind the ears, in the hair, at the hip, or under the breast as appropriate.
Like all scars, rhinoplasty scars:
- are final.
- must be protected from the sun for at least 6 months to avoid the risk of permanent pigmentation.
- may be red and visible for several months.
- have an unpredictable final appearance (width, thickness, color) and should not be judged for 6 to 12 months.
It will make it possible to determine the patient’s deep motivations, his desires and the morphological and psychological result he expects from them.
The examination will make it possible to assess the defects to be corrected. The surgeon will propose the technically feasible modifications that he considers desirable (rhinoplasty of the dorsum, rhinoplasty of the tip of the nose, rhinoplasty of shortening of the nose or lengthening rhinoplasty)
Photographs will be taken.
A deviation of the partition will be systematically sought to be possibly corrected at the same time of operation.
A visit by the anesthesiologist and general examinations are necessary to search for a possible contraindication for surgery.
- Medical photographs are always taken.
- Special x-rays are sometimes prescribed.
- An anesthesia consultation is mandatory several days before the rhinoplasty procedure.
- If the intervention is not covered by social security, plan a period of professional unavailability of 1 to 2 weeks after the rhinoplasty intervention, because no sick leave can be prescribed.
The most important systematic medical instructions before a rhinoplasty are the following:
- Stop taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs or oral anti-coagulants in the 15 days preceding the operation, to reduce the risk of bleeding with the agreement of your doctor or cardiologist.
- Antiseptic shampoo the day before and the day of the rhinoplasty procedure.
We often recomend rhinoplasty doctors in Florida for this type of nose job.